Great For Developing Your Own Style
You can rest assured that money has very little to do with really great Home Decorating.
Sure, some helps, but too much money can often end up creating huge, ‘over-the-top’, monstrous monuments to bad taste. The best examples of home decorating interiors are often done on a shoestring budget – but the beauty is that you’d never know.
You can make a tiny shoe-box sized apartment look good with paint, a few decent pieces of furniture, beautiful decorative cushions and home accents, some personal or purchased art, well chosen proper lighting, gorgeous rugs or matting, and the most important of all – a dose of imagination and elbow grease.
All you need to do is keep thinning things out – keep at it. Home Decorating and creating the Home of your dreams is definitely a work-in-progress.
Here Are Some More Budget Ideas And Tips For You To Try
- Lighting is the most amazing way to dress up and make-over a room with dramatic results. Find a simple basic lampshade and twirl leather twine or raffia or some other decorative cord around it in either a straight, criss-crossed or plaited pattern.
- Find a large flat bowl and lay soft pebbles at the bottom and place simple tea lights (from the discount or $2 shop). The flickering candle light will create a mesmerizing, dramatic effect over the pebbles. You could also fill the bowl half way with water and use floating candles. This gives a superb effect with the reflections of the candle and pebbles against the water.
- On your next shopping trip – look for a large cushion/s and a beautiful decorative table runner/s that catches your eye, plus matching buttons. What you’re going to be doing is wrapping the decorative table runner around the cushion, sewing a loop to fit the size of the button at one end of your table runner and then finishing off with the decorative button around which you place the loop. With a really fancy button, you can make it the focal centerpiece.
- Find a frame with canvas (from the discount or $2 shop) and select a favorite beautiful fabric and staple onto the frame to create your own personal artwork.
- Look around for a round wicker basket (from Chinatown, or from the discount or $2 shop, or decorator store during a sale) – then intertwine fairy lights throughout the basket. This creates a dramatic lit up sculpture that you can place with great dramatic effect in the corner of your room.
There are so many fabulous things you can do on a budget when you use your creativity. It’s a great way to make your personal style statement. The sky’s the limit! You’re limited only by your imagination. Try it, have fun and enjoy the process …
You’re most welcome to come back and visit here often as I will be adding additional budget ideas on a regular basis.